- Dogs are most welcome. Cats may require caging since there are cats roaming from neighbouring properties and the resident dogs are not friendly towards cats.
- The dogs will be safe and secure in Drafstap Cottage’s fenced yard should you wish to go out for a day or evening on your own to places where your pet may not be allowed.
- Pets should preferably sleep inside.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture and guests need to supply their own dog bedding.
- Pets must be free of ticks and fleas.
- We offer a pet feeding service at a fee.
- Owners are required to provide their pet’s preferred food should they wish to utilize this service.
- Rates for the feeding service are available on request and are determined by your pet's individual requirements.
- There are 4 resident dogs on the main Drafstap premises but they are separated from your pets by a fence.
A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest
town he planned to visit on his vacation.
He wrote: I would very much like to bring my dog
with me. He is well-groomed and very well behaved.
Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my
room with me at night?"
An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who wrote:
SIR: "I've been operating this hotel for many years.
In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels,
bedclothes, silverware or steal pictures off the walls
or use them as a coloring book.
I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night
for being drunk and disorderly.
And I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill.
Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel.
And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to
stay here, too."